I talked with Ingeborg Stadelman, author of one of the most popular, multi-issue books for my mother, where is going nowadays, in the age of conceiving, childbirth and pregnancy.
He was born in 1956 in Allgau, Germany. The mother of three children. She began her career as a midwife at the hospital, then continued as a freelance baby at home. She specializes in homeopathy and aromatherapy, and teaches these topics in addition to natural parenting. He has his own publisher: www.stadelmann-verlag.de Two of his books were published in Hungarian in 2007, The Answer of the Baba, and My Added Flavor Mixes. www.katalizatorkiado.hu
Women are able to bring forth children and related life to determine their lives - thus summarizing the essence of Ingeborg Stadelmann's approach.
'Even so, there are many uncertain factors these days. The proportion of cesarean sections is high and often intervenes in the natural birth process. Where do you think we are headed now?
- By about 1955, the majority of women were born at home, and nowadays this rate is multiplied in Germany and many years unchanged, perhaps only slightly rising. Newborn women have come to life in hospitals, and cesarean delivery is becoming more and more important, so they forget about the ability to give birth, so they will not pass on to the baby. The most important thing is getting more and more, for example, yes, it can be born. However, in the midst of economic viability, it is questionable how much the health care system can afford to finance deliberate congestion and much unnecessary intervention. This is what is currently under discussion in Germany.
- How does a series of exams work for pregnant women?
- A healthy baby does not need routine exams, but it is much better to have confidence, protection, reinforcement instead, to consider the personality, body and soul as a whole. Pregnant care focuses on the body while the soul remains intact. And routine exams give rise to new and new concerns, so they do not reinforce, but rather challenge. That's why it's back! Unnecessary ultrasound, done out of curiosity, is an example of what a pregnant mother knows: a baby is there and she is growing. Instead, you should give birth and confirm that you are capable of carrying your child! Risks during pregnancy care are all too common. These are a lot of uncertainty for a pregnant mother, all the more so because she has to wait until weeks for a final, expert opinion. Three-week anxiety? Many! This negatively influences the development of the fetal nervous system as it significantly increases the stress hormone level of the mother. These negative consequences are a currency risk, as they can lead to premature resentment.
- In your personal practice, what do you consider feasible and important?
- Of course, I would check myself and my baby as well, but in a strictly holistic approach, that is, with my body and soul as a coherent system. A well-supported, confirmed woman learns to understand her body and is able to positively influence her pregnancy by changing her behavior. I also think it is very important that we deal in detail with women's aspirations. Fear of pain is probably the most common, though epidural analgesia is available almost everywhere. However, the fear of pain is so ingrained that many still do not want the EDA test, they want a cesarean section. The second most common concern is the health of the baby to be born. It is a social and parental expectation that only a perfectly healthy child can be born. To this end, the patient must be released from the fetus early - genetic screening and tests suggest. However, this tendency is more detrimental than useful: tests that can be performed at the age of the fetus are only suitable for detecting a few genetic abnormalities, and we do not even talk about diseases that occur later in life. Then there is the problem of premature birth: we are hardly ahead in prevention, at most, in the ability to keep newborns alive and smaller. Medicine is not all-powerful. Fear has always been a healthy and important part of human life - it has to be dealt with and ignored, as many people do now.
- Do you need years of practice to make yourself an experienced baby?
- Birth is very much the same thing, each is different. There is a lot to learn from a single person, but experience never fails. Each parent changes the mother, the father, the child who is born and the helpers who are present. Baby love begins with happy hopes, which is also expressed in the language: "froher Hoffnung sein" - this term means that you have a happy hope ahead, that is, to be pregnant. Then happy hopes will become fears, and the baby will have to be very careful not to give his own hardships, fears to the baby. Fewer babies have to be asked to have time to settle for what happened to one of them, so as not to influence the next. After all, birth is not always euphoric and frightening. However, a parent can give in to the birth of a baby, even in the midst of hardships, if she is fully trusted. It is this trust that is increasingly lost.